Students and parents should look at the subject information sheets below in order to find out about the GCSE courses on offer.
In these sheets you will find out about what is being studied, how the course is assessed, why you might study that subject and possible career paths. There is also a link to the exam board website and the name of the Head of Department if you require further information.
- Art and Design
- BTEC Business Enterprise
- Computer Science
- BTEC Technical Award in Performing Arts (Acting)
- Cambridge National in Sport
- Product Design
- Religious Studies
- Triple Science
Wren Academy Key Stage 4 Curriculum
- It is the Academy’s intention to provide a broad and balanced curriculum at Key Stage 4, which meets the needs of all learners.
- We prioritise giving adequate curriculum time to all subjects, so that all students will typically study for 9 qualifications.
- We do not feel it is in the best interests for students to take more than this. They have more time per subject, they can be more focussed and it is in the interests of their well-being not to do any more than they need.
- All students will study Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Science (at least Double Award) and a humanity subject (History and / or Geography).
- The vast majority of students will study a foreign language (French or Spanish).
- A small number of students do not study a foreign language.
- There are three BTEC qualifications available in Business, Sports and Performing Arts.
- Other GCSE subjects available are Religious Studies, Computer Studies, Music, Separate Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Art & Design and Product Design.
If you have any general enquiries about the preferences process please contact Robert Davighi, Vice Principal, by email email@example.com